About Us

My Photo
Man is free the moment he wishes to be

Pages

Iraqi Network for Social Media ( INSM)

Sep 10, 2011

Melanie Standish was not Ready to Say Goodbye to the Student Eye Staff











Melanie Standish, the expelled head of International Programs and Exchanges office at AUIS, excludes Student Eye staff from her farewell email.

Standish, who was under severe criticism from AUIS students due to allegations of favoritism and inability, accuses Student Eye of publishing "nonsense".

"I have not written to all AUIS students so if you have received this email ...  I’d prefer not to be on the student eye blog again as “playing favorites” or some other nonsense," wrote Melanie to all AUI-S students except Student Eye staff. 


She also asks the students not to let Student Eye staff see the email. But Student Eye reached the email and here is the full text of it :




Dear Students,

I am writing to you today to let you know that I will be leaving AUIS at the end of next week to return to the States.  I will not return.  This is for various reasons but none are because I did not love my work here.  I have not written to all AUIS students so if you have received this email, it would be great if you could keep this to yourself.  I’d prefer not to be on the student eye blog again as “playing favorites” or some other nonsense.  It’s impossible for me to know 500+ students well in 9 months, and I’m not prepared to offer my home in the US to the entire AUIS student body.

I just want to say to you that it has been an absolutely amazing experience to work with all of you this year.  I came here knowing very little about the people of Iraq and am leaving with some wonderful memories.  I wish you all the best of success in your future endeavors. 

If there is anything I can do to assist you, I would be more than happy to do so.  My personal email address is*************  If you are traveling in the States and need a place to stay, or you need my advice or something about programs or studying in the US, I would be more than happy to help you in any way I can.

There will be some changes to the IPE and Career Services Offices next year.  Please be patient.  Some of these changes you may like, some you may not, but the important thing to remember is that you have the ability to control your own destinies and that if you work hard enough (and are patient), you will be able to get most of what you want.

I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Melanie

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 Comments: on "Melanie Standish was not Ready to Say Goodbye to the Student Eye Staff"

Post a Comment